Leftover mozzarella cheese and salmon on sale led to salmon & peach pizza for dinner tonight. By a stroke of genius, it seemed tasty to me to combine salmon with peach… and I turned out right! Here’s the recipe in two versions — the slightly more expensive one and the budget one.
- Frozen pizza crust or sliced bread
- Pasta/pizza sauce or tomato puree (I used Leggo’s wine-infused pasta sauce because it was on sale)
- Salmon fillet or canned sardine
- Canned peach halves (get the house brand such as Fairprice or First Choice)
Note: I chose sardine as a substitute because the fishy smell is what pairs off really nicely with the peaches. You may try with any other fish!
- Slice salmon finger-thick (you don’t want them thin and measly!)
- Massage salmon with salt, black pepper and basil leaves if you have them
- Leave them aside
- Preheat oven to 225 deg c
- (Here’s a good time to prepare your salad too if you are planning on one since the oven takes time to heat up)
- Smear sauce over pizza crust
- Slice each peach half into 4
- Lay it all down on the crust, as much as you want
- Sprinkle or smother with mozarella cheese
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes